Greg has been fixing up his red camaro. He has moved the seat back because of his giant long legs, to make it more comfortable for him to drive. The problem is, the person who sits behind him has NO leg room. I guess this one won't be going for long trips anywhere. He fixed an oil leak, and has big plans to make it wicked fast. Why do we need a fast car? For fun!!! At least this is what he tells me. I am daydreaming about all of the speeding tickets..... I have to admit, though, it is a VERY fun car to drive.

Greg convinced me that right now was the best time to buy a new pickup. We were having a transmission light come on while we were towing a couple of times this last summer. Greg's solution: A new standard-shift pickup. He assures me that this will fix the problem. Needless to say, he was very convincing, so we went looking on the truck lots. We found one, traded our silver one in, and now have a matching red pickup in the garage.
So, this has kept us busy.
I had the opportunity to substitute teach for a whole week in the month of February for a second grade class. The second grade teachers love to have me sub, and ask for me specifically. I have gotten to where I know the kids by name even when we are not in the classroom. I call them my "fan club". They only have to remember one name, mine, while I have classrooms of 30 or so each class to remember. It is quite the challenge. Anyhow, I loved the experience. I could pick up where I left off the day before, and go over concepts the kids were struggling with. I love teaching! It is very rewarding for me! It thrills me when they catch on.
I just finished a "learning to teach math" class. I learned soo much. I was able to try different teaching strategies on the kids I was substitute teaching for. Also, in February, I substitute taught for a Title I teacher. This was also fun. This area is for kids who are not understanding the concept like subtraction from the way it is taught in the classroom, or who need a little extra help with something else. I was so glad I was able to help introduce new ways of thinking about math problems. I am armed with all kinds of tools now for teaching math. This class was rewarding, but the team project sent me whirling with all the work it turned out to be. Thanks to one of my teammates who worked tirelessly with me despite the fact she had pneumonia and stomach flu. Good grief! What a woman!
In addition, it is tax returns time. We have added another bike to our enterage for me to ride. I am scared to death! Last time I rode a bike with a motor, the kids were little, and I crashed and tipped over more than once. I felt awful when the kids got scraped up. Thus, my move to 4 wheels. Well, now I am regressing back to 2 wheels to keep up with the rest of my clan. They are tired of only going where 4 wheels can go, the safe trails. Let me tell you, if this doesn't kill me, it will make me a motocross rider.
Rachel just finished a big science project that took the entire month of February. She was finding the effect of different fertilizers on plants. More than anything, she learned what it takes to take care of plants, and keep them ALIVE. Whoever invented those silk flowers deserves the Pulitzer Prize or something similar (no watering, no feeding, no necessary sunlight). A homemaker's dream come true.

Hope you are all healthy and happy.
Hey thanks for visiting our blog! Your kids are getting so big :) Its so fun to read about what is happening with your family! I'll have to stop by and visit your blog more often!!!!
ReplyDelete