At our house, everyone is preparing for green day. The kids have had their outfits picked out for a couple weeks. The kids put up the window decorations as soon as Valentine's day was over. They want some kind of "green" food. We have done pancakes before, but Rachel found a recipe for green milkshakes. It'll be an adventure.
Dad and Mom came to visit. They got some much needed rest, and the grandkids loved having them here. We hit an outlet going-out-of business sale, shopped until we dropped, and came home with some steals. We had a good time, and appreciate them making the trip.
We are also preparing for Spring Break! Every time we look out our window and see sunshine, we are sadly disappointed shortly thereafter by a day of snow. Of course, there is little evidence later, but we are still reminded that we live in Idaho. So, sunshine here we come! We are bound and determined to get a sunburn, some exercise, and get some much needed rest? Nah! Vacation in our family is a relay race. We have to "rest" from vacation. Nevertheless, we wouldn't miss it for the world. The memories are priceless.
Nothing much has changed. We take each day at a time. I run from one thing to the next scrambling to get everything done, and make time for the important things. Greg and I just went on a date. We went out to dinner and saw the movie Avatar. It was a science fiction Pocahontas meets dinosaurs/dragons. The special effects were pretty cool, and we were entertained. Best of all, we were able to spend time just he and I.
I have been given a new calling. I have been released from being a Primary teacher and called as the Wolf cub scout leader. I should have known, Jacob is really close to being there. He made the comment that I couldn't be released from Primary until I taught his class. Well, the Lord must have heard his prayers, because I will be teaching him in scouts shortly. Funny. Anyway, I am feeling a little bit out of my element as I return to Relief Society. I am dragging my feet as I haven't been replaced in Primary yet.
The count down has begun.....
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.