Thursday, October 22, 2009

Winter is coming....

Life keeps marching on. Winter is fast approaching. The leaves look like they are dead on the trees, but the trees are still covered with them. This year was so strange. The leaves didn't turn yellow and then fall from the trees. After Greg took me on a drive through Jackson pass, Tetonia, and around Palisades I thought for sure it wouldn't be long before we enjoyed our own fall splendor. We already had our first snow and it was as if the trees didn't know what to do.....strange.

I am truly tired of canning. Heavenly father has blessed us with a full garden and chances to buy fruit and such. But, I have filled nearly every bottle I have and there are still carrots out in my garden. (My kids don't like them bottled.) So, I put the bottles and canner away to slumber until harvest time next year. Our most favorite treat this year: peach jam. (My kids think it is candy.)

Unfortunately, camping season is over. We didn't even get a chance to go in October this year. It has been so rainy plus a snow storm, we winterized the camper the first week in October. This was a blessing in disguise. Turns out if we had waited, the water would have frozen in our pipes and we would have had to unthaw it to winterize it. So, hopefully we will get more camping in next year.

A friend of ours had open-heart surgery and gave us a big scare. She didn't wake up for a week and a half. Kudos to her husband for surviving the ordeal. Turns out she is doing well, but remains in a hospital in Utah at least for now.

I learned to make lotion, soap, and lip balm this month. It was very interesting. I love to learn new skills, and have plans to make another batch on my own.

Turns out the reason I wasn't substituting because there was a glitch in the system. I had to get another background check and fingerprinting for UoP so this may have caused the problem. Anyhow, we got it figured out now and I am substituting three out of five days a week. This makes me really busy as I try to keep up with school and family life.

I am finishing up a school class right now that centers on my progression requirements. I have to do a list of things before I can take another class at UOP. Looks like the next class will go as scheduled.

Greg is working two jobs right now-the site and driving truck. We are working on paying down some bills and preparing for Christmas and birthdays. Christmas will be here before we know it.

The kids are doing great in school and making new friends. They are looking forward to Halloween. I wanted to boycott it this year but this is difficult when there are class and ward parties. So, we will see. We have figured out costumes, but who knows if the trick-or-treating will happen. I will keep you posted.

Well, I am watching my life fly by moments at a time. My children have nearly grown to match my size and are growing up so quickly. It seems that if I don't take advantage of the moments now to spend with them, I will wish later that I had. The girls have taken on a project to sew skirts before Halloween. We are reading Candy Shop Wars together. The kids have started leaf piles in the backyard and we are enjoying as much sunshine outdoors as possible. Thanks to our Wall buddies for the chances to play with them. So, let's celebrate the little things and enjoy each moment. Love to all!

1 comment:

  1. I love you Tawn...thanks for the post. It was fun to have your kids with us...I hope they enjoyed it too. This weekend we are doing Katy's party...I am sanitizing everything but I really don't want your kids to get what we had (I am almost sure it was flu and probably added with it croup from her playgroup). We are all better, besides the cough. When we are 100% we will have to plan another get together. Katy had so much fun. My bread is still not working the way I want, I am not a good baker. I need your expertise. Tell the kids hi and give them loves from Aunty Ash.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.