I can't believe that May is nearly over. Where did it go? We have been so busy with the end of school activities, me working as a substitute teacher, my schoolwork, and day-to-day activities, I am ready for summer!
We had a great camping trip for Memorial weekend out to the sand dunes. For once, we had beautiful weather. It did threaten with big black clouds, but we only had one real rain storm. Hallelujah! Except now, we are all sunburned. The kids played in the sand nearly nonstop, and brought sandboxes back to the camper in their pockets. They made new friends with some kids from a nearby camp, one of which is in Rebekah's school class and she hadn't done much with him until this weekend. Jacob was trying to jump his motorcycle this weekend, and they all played with cousins they hadn't seen for a while. We were sad to see the weekend go, and drug it out as far as possible. Monday, we went on a nice long ride through the desert, and found a creek, an old two-story house, and an outhouse in the middle of nowhere. We had the company of baby kildeeres, two horny toads, and a lizard. We can't wait for the next camping trip!
Greg has been working on his car. He took the engine out of it because it was leaking oil. He has since torn it apart, and replaced all the seals, and updated some of the worn parts. He spends every moment he has trying to get it put back together because summer time is a wasting. He is ready to get it out on the roads.
The garden is starting to show some progress, and my word! the weeds have too. We have had some barefoot days, and the kids are ready for some sprinkler time. Jacob got one from Grandma S. for his birthday. He really had a good one, and is now stocked up on "boy" toys.
Rachel has excelled in school. She has earned herself 171.3 reading comprehension points. This is a feat! The kids have to read books and then take a test on them. She is my little worker. She always has her chores done so she can play with friends. I am glad to have the help.
Rebekah is our spelling champ. She had a spelling bee for her class, and won the opportunity to compete on the school level. She was one of the finalists for that one, and went to the district spelling bee. We didn't make a big deal out of it, because we didn't want to make her nervous. But, on district night she made me proud, coming in fourth place out of thirty kids. Wow! Watch out next year spellers! She has a trophy from the school, a medal, and a $20 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. (She is ready for a new book.)
I have just finished up an art class that gave me a run for my money. It was a lot of work! And, I have started my first education class, which means I am making progress. I am learning the ins and outs of teaching, expectations, etc. I have two major tests for certification that I am studying for - one in June, and another in July. Wish me luck!
So....will life ever slow down? Not a chance. But at least we can enjoy the sunshine. Love to all!
Sounds like a lot of fun...boy the kids grow up fast. I am pretty disapointed I can not go up and visit. Yesterday I had to go and get IV's again, I was throwing up again and got dehydrated which caused bad contractions again. I must have catched a flu bug because I feel better today, and the contractions are back to just the normal. I miss you all and am glad you had fun camping! That turtle pic is pretty cool. Katy loves to see turtles, bugs, and trucks. We will have to go camping together come September or so. Love You!
ReplyDeleteCamping sounds like a great idea...you know how much I love to get out there. Is there anything I can do? I was hoping you wouldn't get sick again. I am glad you are feeling better today. I am ready for that baby to come...I have all the baby projects finished. Love you...let me know if I can help in anyway.
ReplyDelete